Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default How can I test if a date is a workday?

On 8 Mar 2005 08:57:10 -0800, wrote:

I need to test whether a date entered by the user is a workday, so I
can use the "true" or "false" returned by the test in another formula
in the spreadsheet. I have a cell range of holidays set up. The date
entered by the user could be any date in the year and any day of the
week.

Thanks,

Nolo

=WORKDAY(A1-1,1,Holidays)=A1

If the WORKDAY function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install
and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

--ron