Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default VBA formula

A function, when called from a worksheet, cannot "do" anything besides
return a value to the calling cell (or pop up a message box).

--

Vasant

"Suresh" <no-emails wrote in message
Hi all,

I wish to write a Excel formula (VB function) that would take a source
range, and a destination cell as parameters.
The function would do some calculations and would return the result. But
would also write some additional text to the destination cell.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong, could someone please help me ....

I have written a small function similar to the one that I actually need.

Function test(src As Variant, dest As Variant) as Variant
test = "100"
Range(dest).Formula = "=sum(" & Range(src).Address & ")"
End Function

Thanks.