Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default How to auto acknowledge a prompt box, Macro

gifer,
What about setting the .BackGroundRefresh to false, and doing your .Save and
..Refresh in the OnTime event.

NickHK

"gifer" wrote in message
Forgot... I'm using Excel2000
"gifer" wrote in message

I have a Excel sheet that uses Get External Data to draw charts. I have
the Data set up to refresh every 5 min., and likewise be reflected in my
continuous line charts.

I need to access the "up to date" data from a couple different

locations,
so my file is on a common drive on our network. In order for the file to
be up to date when I open a new instance of it from another PC, I have

the
base PC perform an Auto save every 10 minutes.

Occasionally, the auto save and the refresh try to execute at the same
time, and I get a prompt box telling me that "This command will stop
refresh/update scan, OK?" (or something very similar)... Anyway, if I am
not at my PC when that happens, the refresh (nor the save) will occur
until either "OK", or "Cancel" is clicked. How can I write a macro that
will automatically choose "OK"?

Thanks,

John