Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gifer gifer is offline

Default How to auto acknowledge a prompt box, Macro

Forgot... I'm using Excel2000
"gifer" wrote in message

I have a Excel sheet that uses Get External Data to draw charts. I have
the Data set up to refresh every 5 min., and likewise be reflected in my
continuous line charts.

I need to access the "up to date" data from a couple different locations,
so my file is on a common drive on our network. In order for the file to
be up to date when I open a new instance of it from another PC, I have the
base PC perform an Auto save every 10 minutes.

Occasionally, the auto save and the refresh try to execute at the same
time, and I get a prompt box telling me that "This command will stop
refresh/update scan, OK?" (or something very similar)... Anyway, if I am
not at my PC when that happens, the refresh (nor the save) will occur
until either "OK", or "Cancel" is clicked. How can I write a macro that
will automatically choose "OK"?

Thanks,

John