Earl Kiosterud

AriBari,

If there is a field that identifies the record numbers you want, try Data -
Import external data - New database query. Presumably your text files are
delimited, and have a header record with field names. As you go through
that process, you'll make a query that can specify the range of record
numbers you want. I haven't tried this with a large 64K file, but if your
criteria is for <= 64K records, it might work.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"AriBari" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

I try to open a 27MB text file (~ 495670 rows) and import rows 495662 -
496665 to an Excel sheet. Too many rows to handle with the Wizard.

I would like to have a VBA sub to open file, fetch given rows, copy
those to an Excel sheet and close text file. I have to do this for
300-400 text files that are numbered in ascending order but not
necessarily continuously, that is 01,02,03,05,07 etc.

Thanks for the help.

Ari Bari

--
AriBari