Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default keep cell as a date cell

Derk,

iso: =IF(D380;"(=F24+14)";"")
try: =IF(D380;F24+14;"")

you can't use = in the middle of a formula.
you are using quotes..thus your formula will show a (quoted) string,
not an evaluated expression.

also you'll probably need to format your cell to date format.

--
keepITcool

derk wrote :

Hi,
My problem is the following (Office Excel 2003):
- cell A55 is formatted as a deta-cell and has a formula which says
to add 14 days to the date in cell F24;
- however, if another cell (D38) is empty/blank, than cell A55 should
remain empty/blank. Only if there is information in cell D38, should
the date in A55 show up.

As soon as I fill in =IF(D380;"(=F24+14)";"") in A55, cell A55 does
indeed stay empty as long as nothing is filled in in D38. But with
information in D38 cell A55 shows (=F24+14).
What is wrong with the formula in A55? Can you help me?