Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NameSearcher NameSearcher is offline

Default List of all names in EXCEL workbook

Thanks Peter T and Arno: that does work!

"Peter T" wrote:

I suspect arno meant:
Insert / Name / Paste... / Paste List

or in a macro:
ActiveCell.ListNames

If "Paste." is greyed out, or the above code does nothing, it means no
non-hidden Workbook-level names exist and no Worksheet-level names exist on
the active sheet. But Worksheet-level names may or may not exist on other
sheets. Only way to fully confirm is activating other sheets and check
similar, or with a macro as others have suggested. And only with a macro to
check any hidden names.

Regards,
Peter T

"NameSearcher" wrote in message
Suggestion is on point but I can't seem to bring up the sequence. I have
EXCEL 2000. I have tried the Tools\Customize\ command and tried to set

up a
custom menu bar with the Insert List but I haven't been able to get it to
work. Maybe walk me through it slower. Thanks.

"arno" wrote:

Menu Insert/Names/Insert/Insert List

arno

"NameSearcher" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
How do I get a list of all the names being used in an EXCEL workbook?
The
"Insert\Names... " sequence of commands gets a list you can view on
the
screen, about 10 at a time. I would like to copy/paste the whole
list. I
would also like the list to include (as a separate column) associated
text
showing the references for each name.