Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George Nicholson[_2_] George Nicholson[_2_] is offline

Default Code Librarian automation?

I believe that Code Librarian was an add-in for Office 2000 ODE but a
stand-alone for Office XP ODE.

(As an Add-in, it opened in it's own window and it really behaved like a
stand-alone which had to be opened via the VBE).

This is from memory. Actual mileage may vary

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"R Avery" wrote in message
I have recently found out about the Code Librarian, packaged in the Office
XP Developer cd... i have read online that it is supposed to be an addin
for the VBE, however when I installed everything from the CD, i do not see
any code librarian addin for the VBE. I do see a stand-alone executable to
view the code library, but i do not see any sort of addin in the VBE for
it.

Is there any additional configuration i need to do?

Also, is the code in the .clb file accessible through VB? Specifically,
there is some code that i KNOW i would like to access a lot and paste
directly into many different sheets using VB extensibility. For example,
using the Call Tree example in the Developer CD, one can determine, under
certain conditions, if there any function calls in a module that are
unresolved because the function does not exist in the project. What could
be done is lookup the missing function by name in the code library and
automatically dump it to another module in the project called
MissingFunctions...