Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew[_40_] Andrew[_40_] is offline

Default Finding file names

To Whom it may concern,

I need to make a macro which will open a flat file, format it, and count
some cells in a column. I have the code necessary to complete all of the
tasks, except that the file names have something that throws a "spanner" in
the works. The file names follow the same format, which is
"MyFileNameyyyymmddhhmmss", ie. the file name & date & time. I've tried a
few methods I know of to open the file using "FileName:= "MyFileName" &
Format(Date, "yyyymmdd"), but excel obviously can't find the file. What
sort of code can I use to find a file name with the left most text similar
to that above?

TIA
Andrew