Roger Govier

Hi Benjamin

One way, with your date value in A1 would be
=DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))
Change reference accordingly and copy down the sheet.

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"Benjamin Riley" <Benjamin wrote in message
I have a sheet full of dates exported from an accounting software package.
The dates are in the following format yyyymmdd as in 19810305 for March 5,
1981. What I need to do is change the look of the cell from 19810305 to
03/05/1981. Can someone help me with this.

P.S. I tried to format the cells as a date but it just gives me a bunch
of
#### crap.

Thanks

BEN