Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Marty Marty is offline

Default Another syntax question (different from earlier post)

All:

Another general question about syntax. This one deals with .Range vs .Cells.

I know that .Cells will accept two variables, e.g. mySheet.Cells(myRow,
myCol).

Can .Range do the same? If so, how would I write a .Range to accept a
variable for the column AND and both the column and the row? can this be
done? See below.

Thanks,
MARTY

mySheet.Range("A" & myRow) 'I know this works OK.

'Problem 1
'varying the column designation with a constant row

mySheet.Range(myCol & "1") 'this doesn't work I don't believe, even when
myRow is a capital letter.

'Problem 2
'varying both the colum and the row
mySheet.Range(myCol & myRow) 'I know this doesn't work even when myRow is a
capital letter and myRow is a positive integer. I think I need some double
quotes but I don't know where.