PA via OfficeKB.com

thanks for the tip - it worked! Now, how do I have the same combo box in a
100 rows without having to manually copy/paste the box in those rows?

Irene Kral wrote:
if you have got all the names written in some other area, sheet or book
choose all the cells u want to use with lists
then choose
Data - Validation - choose list in the first box and fill the third one
with the datarange

I have a list of over a thousand names in a dropdown menu. I would like to
start typing a name in the cell (in the dropdown menu) and have excel
automatically recognize the name and go to that name in the dropdown menu
before I even finish typing the full name. How do I do this?

thanks.