Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Christy Christy is offline

Default copy from closed workbook again! ;(

Thanks Ron (again) I will try it.

Do I understandt right that the ChDirNet "\\DELL\testing" line is calling
the sub and that line should go in my(your)code?

Christy ;)

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Use this

'Previously posted by Rob Bovey:

Private Declare Function SetCurrentDirectoryA Lib _
"kernel32" (ByVal lpPathName As String) As Long

Sub ChDirNet(szPath As String)
Dim lReturn As Long
lReturn = SetCurrentDirectoryA(szPath)
If lReturn = 0 Then Err.Raise vbObjectError + 1, "Error setting path."
End Sub

' sample usage

Sub Test()
Dim FName As Variant

ChDirNet "\\DELL\testing"
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Christy" wrote in message ...
I have the following code which works perfectly on my office computer. I
sent it to the co-worker I made it for who is attached to the LAN and it
crashes on the line:

ChDrive MyPath

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or how I can fix it. We
commented out that line and it crashed on the next on and we commented out
that line and it crashed on the next one.

Sub GetDataFromClosedWB()
Dim SaveDriveDir As String, MyPath As String
Dim FName As Variant

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

SaveDriveDir = CurDir
MyPath = Application.DefaultFilePath 'or use "C:\Data"
ChDrive MyPath
ChDir MyPath
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename(filefilter:="Excel Files, *.xls")

If FName = False Then
'do nothing
Else

'Get Fridays date and Office city/state/zip
GetData FName, "Saturday", "b1:b2", Sheets("Source").Range("b2"),
False
GetData FName, "Saturday", "b2:b3", Sheets("Source").Range("b3"),
False

End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

ChDrive SaveDriveDir