Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Larry Levinson Larry Levinson is offline

Default sometimes it takes one variable, sometimes another ...

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I don't get this. It fails for me as Listboxes don't have a text property,
and if I change them to Value, the form shows empty.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Populate three list boxes on a form with Month, day, year, but also
give the user the opportunity to use an index (columns on a
spreadsheet) to adjust the date(s) if the infomation they want is tied
to a date OTHER than the one I have calculated.

the user will be updating data once a day. However, the possiblity
exists that they will fail to do the routine each day, and then will
have to go back and do two or three days in quick succession ...
Hence, I want to show what I believe to be the day they should be
working on, but also give them the option to change to another day in
the list index.

My real problem seems to be once I get the form open here ...

Private Sub StoryCount_Click()
Dim k1 As String, k2 As String, k3 As String, k4 As String, counter As
Long, Screen As Integer, this_day As String
Dim MyMonth, MyDay, MyYear, This_Month

MyMonth = dayprompt.the_Month.Text
MyDay = dayprompt.the_day.Value
MyYear = dayprompt.the_Year.Value
^^^^^^^

dayprompt.the_Year.Value is empty UNTIL you change the value displayed
in the listbox and reset.

Larry Levinson
Talking up to the vocal ...
LLevinson*Bloomberg.net