Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George[_26_] George[_26_] is offline

Default Form does not disappear

Project has two forms: formMain and formHelp.

formMain has two buttons:
"Help" button with code formHelp.Show
"Hide" button with code Me.Hide

formHelp has a "Close" button with code Unload Me

When formMain first shows I can move it around with no trail in the
background.

Two problems occur when formHelp shows:
When I move it around, it leaves a trail.

When I press formHelp's Close button, formMain appears but formHelp
(larger than formMain) still shows in the background. When I now move
formMain around, it also leaves a trail.

The same problems occur if I close formHelp with the red X close.
I get the impression something is wrong with formHelp.

If I click formMain's Hide button, both forms and their trails
disappear.

An earlier version does not have this problem; I don't know what caused
the change.

I've tried these ideas from another post:
(1) move code from form module to code module.
(2) insert Application.ScreenUpdating toggle.

Sub HelpShow()
formHelp.Show
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True