Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Clear values

Simplify to

Range("D1:D376").Copy
With Range("C1:C376").
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValidation, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
End With

To clear just values, not formulas, you have to test it

Dim cell As Range

For Each cell In Selection
If Not cell.HasFormula Then
cell.Value = ""
End If
Next cell

--

HTH

RP

"Renee" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply

My code:
Range("D1:D376").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("C1:C376").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValidation, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

This is copying cell contents over to the new range. Also I forgot to ask
the original question of clearing values. If I select a range, can I

clear
only the values and not the formulas?
THanks for your help!
Renee
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

rng1.Copy
rng2.Pastespecial Paste:= xlPasteFormulas
rng2.Pastespecial Paste:= xlPasteFormats

--

HTH

RP

"Rene'" wrote in message
Hi
I would like to copy a range and paste it elswhere but only formulas

ad
formats, without pasting the values that were int he copied range.

How
would
I do this?
Thanks!