Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
davegb davegb is offline

Default Test & replace value

Rowan,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry if my explanation was confusing.

The sheet looks something like this:

ID Flag Date
G4 0 02/25/04
H6 1 09/07/03

Actually, there are additional fields between these with text and
numbers not relevant to the macro.
I want the macro to search first in the Flag field until it finds a
"1". I want it to store the ID (iBaseSID) and date (iBaseDate), and
calculate the date 90 days earlier (iEarlyDate). I then want it to
back up one line and compare ID's to see if they are the same. If they
are, I want it to check and see if the CurDate (the date on the current
line) is greater than the EarlyDate (BaseDate-90). If both conditions
are met, I want it to change the current Flag to 1 (It won't be 1
because it was tested before and didn't = 1, other wise the macro would
be start testing the other variables on that line).
I want it to contunue moving up one line at at time, changing the flag
until one of the conditions is not met, then go to the line below the
Base line and repeat the process going down, except that the date it
will be testing for is iLateDate (iBaseDate + 90) and it will test for
less than or equal to. (Actually, there is a third test that will be
run, but I figured that if I got the code to get me this far, I can
figure out how to add one more test loop.)
I omitted to talk about how it gets out of the loop because it's very
simple and I already have figured out how to do it. The first test in
the final version of this will be for a blank cell. When it finds a
blank cell, the macro ends. The only blank cells are below the data.
Sorry if omitting this cause confusion, I thought it would
unneccessarily complicate my explanation and the reply.
TIA