Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Why macro slow on one, fast on another?

Hi All.......

I am working on a program that will generate some 37 Charts. I have set up
each chart with it's own macro so it can be run individually, or of course
they can all be run from a master macro. In order to be able to control the
print-attributes on a global basis and not have to include them all in every
macro, I have made them into Submacros which are called by each Chart macro.
Now here's my situation.

At work I have a machine thats about 800mhz, 256MB ram, one monitor, Win98,
XL97, network lazer printer....and on it the macros were created and all run
fine and relatively fast. At home, I have a 1.2ghz machine with 512MB ram,
two monitors, WinME, XL97, local HP inkjet printer....and the macros run fine
until it gets into this particular Submacro, then it runs incredably
SLOW!!!.........Anyone have any idea what might be causing the difference in
performance,(NOT doing the printout, just generating the chart), and what I
could do about it? I am concerned because others will use this program and I
know not what their machines might be.

Here's the Submacro where the slowdown occurs: if I REM it out, all runs
faster.

Sub MarginsAndFooterAttributes()
'================================================= ===
'This macro is called from each individual Chart Macro, it affords
'global control of the Margins and Footer attributes
'================================================= ===
With ActiveChart.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = ""
.CenterHeader = ""
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = "Paula, X6333"
.CenterFooter = ""
.RightFooter = "&D" 'injects current Date, &T injects time
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.2)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.22)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.33)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.39)
.HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.17)
.FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.18)
.ChartSize = xlFullPage
.CenterHorizontally = False
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlLandscape
.Draft = False
.PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
.FirstPageNumber = xlAutomatic
.BlackAndWhite = False
.Zoom = 100
End With

End Sub

Any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated
TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3