Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default translating formulas

Luc,

If you use SUM in VBA, does this not create SUMME in I1, and then pick that
up for the CF.

As Tom suggests (I think if I read him correctly), you could try putting the
English formula directly into CF.

--

HTH

RP

"Luc Benninger" wrote in message
Hi
I did some testing again. Unfortunately without success. You code does
not work as long as I do not change SUM to SUMME (german). Conditional
formatting objects seem just to support the locale language.
Luc

Bob Phillips wrote:
Hi Luc,

I don't use a non-English version of Excel, so I don't 'know' about

these
things, but I am assured by those in the know that FormulaLocal is a

total
waste of time.

Here is a suggestion:
- create the CF formula in a cell in VB as normal
- create a CF condition and copy that formula over

Here is a sample piece of code that puts =A1SUM($B$1:$B$10) in I1, and

then
sets that as the CF for A1. Just choose an unused cell somewhere

Sub SetCF()
Range("I1").Formula = "=A1SUM($B$1:$B$10)"
With Range("A1")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _
Range("I1").Formula
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 38
End With
Range("I1).Value=""
End Sub

If you try it, please let me know if it works for you