Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Luc Benninger[_2_] Luc Benninger[_2_] is offline

Default translating formulas

Hi Tom

Yes, what you write is right. I just tried to make a simplified example.
"TranslateFunction" is wrong, I mistyped this function name.

I have to translate the formula because I want to add a new conditional
formula object and there it did not work to use the english formula name.

I would prefer to use a translate function instead of adding a static
mapping for the formulas into all needed languages. But I was very
surprised that for some formulas the translate function doesn't work. I
can't explain, if it's no excel vba bug.

Luc

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
The obvious reason from your posting is that you Use Translate with the
second formula and with the first one you use TranslateFunction.

Nonetheless, excel has the built in ability to translate the formula
direclty (which you are using in your function). It is unclear why you are
even using the translatefunction formula.

What your TranslateFormula function is doing is synonymous to saying "He
Luc, what is your name?"

But then maybe this was only a simplified example