Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Another frustrated developer Another frustrated developer is offline

Default RTD Bug? or perhaps a feature?

A nice guess, and one that I entertained, however it falls down on
explaining why only the first instance does not get destroyed but all
subsequent instances do. I set all references to null and explicitly place a
call to GC.Collect in the ServerTerminate method.

Guess again.

"Jens Thiel" wrote:

"Another frustrated developer"
. com wrote in message
Interesting....

It seems that Excel, although calling Server Terminate on the original

DLL,
never lets go of it's reference to it, even after all workbooks are

closed.
[...]

My guess is that you have references in managed code which haven't been
garbage collected yet.

Jens.

--
http://ManagedXLL.net/
Replace MSDN with my first name when replying to my email address!