Chad Wethington

Once I figured out how to set up the inderect comand this solved my issue.

Thanks very much!

Chad Wethington

"Odie" wrote:

INDIRECT looks at the value of cell you specify "C1" and uses that value as a
cell reference
So

=SUM(INDIRECT(C1,TRUE):(INDIRECT(C2,TRUE)))

value of C1 would = 'Sheet Sign & Post Summary'!H8
value of C2 would = 'Sheet Sign & Post Summary'!H88

"Chad Wethington" wrote:

I have put that formula in, but get #REF!. Here is the exact formula I
entered =SUM(INDIRECT('Sheet Sign & Post Summary'!H8,TRUE):(INDIRECT('Sheet
Sign & Post Summary'!H88,TRUE))). Is there a syntax error?

Chad Wethington

"Odie" wrote:

Here is another solution:
=SUM(INDIRECT(C1,TRUE):(INDIRECT(C2,TRUE)))

cell C1 ='worksheet 1'!H8
cell C2 ='worksheet 1'!H88

Hope this helps

"Chad Wethington" wrote:

On worksheet 2 I am trying to use the sum function to calculate a range of
cells in a column on worksheet 1. My problem is that when I insert a row
within that sum range it expandes the formula. For example the formula
before the inserted row would be =SUM('worksheet 1'!H8:H88), but after I
insert the row it changes the formula to =SUM('worksheet 1'!H8:H89). I don't
want it to do that. I want it to keep the exact range that I define in the
first place regardless wether I insert or delete rows on worksheet 1. Is
there a way to do this?

TIA!
Chad Wethington