Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jello jello is offline

Default Extract numbers from a string ?

Apologies Tom I wasn't clear enough with my example.

With the string "Mystringwith10integer" I do not want to search for the
specific text, nor do I wish to search for a specific number - I just wish to
increment the integer portion contained within the string to be +1
The contents of the string don't really matter and could be anything, and so
could the integer ! :)

Regards, Jello.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

select the cells with this information and do

Edit=Replace

What Mystringwith10integer
With Mystringwith11integer

then click OK. Do this with the macro recorder turned on to see how to
implement in code.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jello" wrote in message
I have serached the String class but cant see any function that can

identify
integers within a string ?
I want to replace all instances of "Mystringwith10integer" with
"Mystringwith11integer" etc.
Is there such a funtion ?

Many thanks, Jello