Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Brown[_5_] Gary Brown[_5_] is offline

Default discover cell causing column width more exactly

You can accomplish this by using the =Len(A1) formula.
For example...
=Len(A1) = 10 in width
=Len(A2) = 12 in width
=Len(A3) = 185 in width <--Ah, ha!!!!
HTH,
Gary Brown

"no bosh" wrote:

Actually I can figure out what the width of the cells are after auto
fitting makes them all enormous. I am hoping to discover the cell
which may be causing the width result, that autofit is adjusting to.

I have a worksheet importing things from several sources. Mostly
calendar data. I have had thew columns autofit for the final
formatting and display of the report.
All of a sudden I have one column come out extra wide and I suspect
some spaces or such in a cell.
Anyway I can investigate each cell's width property to see what is
causing this and then I can trim the output from the source.
Thank You all.
Scott