Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default Getting stored procedure result to excel

mkarja,

Unusual in this group that there is not a ready made answer!

I am gettting results from a sp to Excel via a web tier, so it is possible,
but a quick look at your stored proc suggests it will return multiple
recordsets, which is not something I have designed into my sp's. I don't
have a lot of time tomorrow but I'll try and have a look at it. No success
promised. It's a complex stored proc.

As a question, why do you want to do this in Excel? I use SQL Delta from a
remote machine against a SQL db. I don't think it cost too much and it has
proved to be extremely useful.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"mkarja" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a way to do this or do I have to try to export the results to
a text
file first and read it from that file to the textbox in excel.
Please, anybody ?

----
mkarja