Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bob is offline

Default Change function to macro

You don't convert it to a macro. The best way I know to be able to access
your function regardless of what workbook you are using is to create an
add-in and then attach the add-in to Excel. One way to do this is:

Open a blank workbook
Add your function code to a module in this workbook.
Save the workbook as an addin: Select "Save as" with a meaningful file name
and then select "Microsoft Excel Add-n(*.xla) from the Save as Type drop down
box.

Then Select Tools, Add-Ins and browse to the file you just created.

Now you can use the function by typing it in a cell or by selecting in under
User Defined Functions in the Function Wizard.

"Brian" wrote:

I have a simple function which compares a datafield on 2 separate worksheets
in same book. How do I take the code for the funct. and convert it to a macro
so I can call it as needed for all of my work?

thx