Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Another frustrated developer Another frustrated developer is offline

Default RTD Bug? or perhaps a feature?

The c# DLL is registered locally with COM interop and is then instantiated
through the following Excel Formula :

=RTD("Pioneer.RTD",,"LongName",1)

Pioneer.RTD being the namespace.classname and LongName being the requred
function and 1 being the parameter.

I have investigated further and the "odd" behaviour occurs anytime that
excel moves out of a state where it has a workbook open that references (or
has referenced) the RTD dll, into a state where it has no workbook open that
has used the RTD dll. ie. you do not need to go into a "no workbooks open"
state to emulate this.

This is odd.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

How exactly are you attaching to your DLL file? It sounds as if you are
losing the link so it would be good to know how you are attaching in the
first place.

"Another frustrated developer" wrote:

I have implemented a wonderful RTD Server in c# that works like a dream.

However, After you open Excel, enter the RTD formula (You then get the
MSCoree.dll contains macros prompt - to which you answer yes) and get a
result. If you then close the workbook, so that Excel has no book open, and
then start a new workbook and type the same formula in you just get #N/A ???

I cannot for the life of me work out why. The only way to get the RTD
formulae working again is to close Excel and open it again.

Any Ideas anyone??