Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WAYNE WAYNE is offline

Default Copying of cell text from one file to paste as cell comments in a 2nd file

youmay be right, I haven't posted enough of the exact
situation. I wrote it all down but the post window closed
on me and I don't know if it posted so here goes again..

I Have a Master spreadsheet to track status of budgets
and projects. There are 7 columns for each of 7 managers.
Each column has cells with simple red, yellow and
green "stoplights". These are paste linked from each of
the managers individual status spreadsheets.

Each manager also has a Notes cell for each project right
by the stoplights (columns k and l). Rather than make 7
columns in the master sheet for these notes, i was tryong
to figure out how to copy the text from the Notes cells
in each subsidiary sheet and paste them as comments into
the appropriate stoplight cell.

Hope this is clearer!

Wayne