Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default 10,000 element listbox possible? what about searching in it?

You have the initial array you loaded from the worksheet. To find the index
of a value just loop through the array and check whether the value matches
the current array position.

Mail me if you want help offline (making the obvious changes to my address).

Tim.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"gguillermo" wrote in message
oups.com...
ok, i honestly gotta say that this time I am really lost. I dont
understand how I would be able to do that. LIke I mentioned, the reason
I need to do this is so that when I later export this info to be used
in a database, the position will be used as the key (i guess...i dont
know much about databases).
So the only way I can see I can do this is by keeping at least two
columns in each listbox with one of them being the index...
if you dont mind suggesting and explainng a little more what it is you
have in mind, I would really appreciate it.
thank you again!!!!!
-gguillermo