Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Order of Calculation

What does your function look like?

Tim

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"John H W" wrote in message
I am doing a worksheet that draws data from Access. I need to separate

this
data based on a any of 8 dates being within the report month. I pull the

data
into one sheet, then on a separate (monthly) sheet I am writing a function
which will write in the name of the client that has one (or many) of the
dates in the report month.

I have several problems.

Excel 2000 is starting to calculate from the bottom of the worksheet, not
the top and there appears to be no switch to tell it to start from the

upper
left hand corner (nothing at the upper left sides needs anything down and
right of the calling cell). This, of course means that I have to know the
exact number of clients that month and only populate that many rows with

the
function calls. Not very good planning and it also gives me a reverse
alphabetical listing of the clients. I have tried several ways to get

around
this, but none works.

I can't write to another cell from a VB function.

Setting a global doesn't work since the Workbook_Calculate sub is not

always
called - but I finally figured out a way around that problem for the first
sheet, having gotten to the next month, yet.

Thanks for any assistance.

John H W