Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WillRn WillRn is offline

Default An interesting prospect.

I am asking a general question just to see if the following could be possible.

I have a spreadsheet that contains answers to nurse's chart audits that they
perform on a weekly basis. Each row of the spreadsheet is referenced uniquely
by two values: an account number and the patient's admission date.

If a nurse answers one of the questions on my userform that is out of
compliance and requires followup, I have a separate userform that pop's up
automatically based on the response and gathers data on how the issue was
followed up on. This information is posted to a separate worksheet, but pulls
in the account number and admission date from the original chart audit. So
far so good.

I would like to figure a way for the nurse to come back later and enter
additional data on the same entry if needed. I was thinking of a separate
followup user form that would allow the nurse to pull in the same patient by
account number and admission date. I would like this form to pull in the
previous answers if possible so that the nurse can update the responses and
save over the original entries.

Is there a programmatic way for the auditor to:

First, look up the previous group of answers, based on account number and
admission date.

Second, pull the original answers into a userform so that they can be edited.

Third, save the new answers to the followup spreadsheet and erase/overwrite
the old answers.

Any advice or code would be welcome,

Thanks,

Will