Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I prevent a sheet from moving within a workbook?

You are correct, so this little mod might be better

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Worksheets("Summary").Move befo=Worksheets(1)
Application.EnableEvents = False
Sh.Activate
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Bob

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
I don't think that works, Bob; it makes the summary sheet active. I think
the OP wants the Summary sheet tab to be visible as the leftmost one on

the
bottom even when Sheet99 is active.

Regards,

Vasant

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
A bit of a fudge, but you could always add this to the ThisWorkbook code
module. I am assuming that the workhseet is called Summary.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Worksheets("Summary").Move befo=Worksheets(1)

HTH

RP

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
AFAIK, no.

--

Vasant

"JDGUILTY" wrote in message
I want to know if there is a way to "freeze" a worksheet like you

can
freeze/unfreeze panes on a worksheet. I have an Excel workbook that

is
comprised of approximately fifty worksheets. I use the first

worksheet
as
"lookup" worksheet, whereby the user can select a particular

worksheet
name
from a dropdown list, and then click a button that will take them

directly
the worksheet they picked. I want to be able to keep the "lookup"
worksheet
static in its place, whereby it will always be on the left-most

position
of
the worksheet tabs at the bottom of the workbook.