Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Papa Jonah Papa Jonah is offline

Default code is not working on another machine

Tom,
The statement is:
pareto.Sort Key1:=Range("AA2"), Order1:=xlDescending, Key2:=Range( _
"AC2"), Order2:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1,
MatchCase _
:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, _
DataOption2:=xlSortNormal

Why is this not necessary?
Also, I just learned that another coworker, who is running the same version
of excel (with same service packs) is having a problem at another spot in the
code. A spot that the first coworker, with the older version of excel, does
not have a problem with.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

this person is using an older version of excel that does not recognize that
argument. You need to remove the argument in the code as it is not
ususally necessary.

Tom Ogilvy

"Papa Jonah" wrote in message
I have an excel app with a bunch of vba. It works as expected on my

computer
when loaded on my harddrive or when I run it from a server.
However, when a coworker runs it from the server, it works to a point.

When
my coworker tries to run another macro, he gets an error "Compile error:
named argument not found". The debugger highlights "Data option1" within

line that sorts some data. It works fine on my computer and when I run it
from the server.

Any ideas why this is happening?

TIA