Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
VanS[_2_] VanS[_2_] is offline

Default Inserting custom worksheets

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply.
Because I am needing to make my application compatible with multiple Office
platforms and users starting with Office 97, and since the location of the
default templates folder has changed and from what I can gather, there
doesn't seem to be an easy way to determine where the default folder is (it
would have to be determined and implemented by my installer application) (and
someone else pointed out that someone could have changed their default folder
location), I decided to try to just place my custom templates in my
application's own folder. So basically, I was trying to simplify, and avoid
having to determine where the default folder is. If there were a simple way
of determining that (from what one guy told me even the registry won't
necessarily reflect that) I would just install my templates in that folder.
That is the predicament, but any further thoughts or suggestions are also
appreciated.
Thanks again, and God bless
Van

"Peter T" wrote:

Hi Van

How about creating a shortcut to your template, and put the shortcut in the
default location for your templates. Worked for me.

Regards,
Peter T

"VanS" wrote in message
Hello,
I have an application that uses customized VBA Worksheets. I originally
stored the templates for those in the default location for such, but due

need to make it compatible with different versions of Office will put in

the
application's folder.

But does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to be able to insert
such custom sheets into a workbook? I would prefer to be able to right

click
and use the insert function, but those templates are in the default folder

understand. Any ideas how to access mine via the right click function?
Thanks, God bless
Van