Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Licence Verification

I thought we all did this for free? Actually I found this interesting and
would like to read any answers you get.
Thanks

"alanford" wrote:

I have built a module to ensure that my managers follow the correct
procedure for their risk assessment, now the company has shown an
interest in my work, however I would like to limit the access to the
program in the following manner if possible.
During install I can input a string in LOCALMACHINE as a licence number
I need to build a workbook called main.xls wich will run once after
intall with a inputbox which will look into localmachine and read the
string, after verification that the string matches it will rename
itself as main.old and rename another file main2.xls as main.xls. if
the string does not match a msgbox would prompt the user to contact me
to obtain a installable version of the program with a valid licence. I
hope this makes sence. thank you for your help.

Alan