Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Black[_2_] Paul Black[_2_] is offline

Default Help with Totals Please

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the Formulas.
The ALL in One Formula did NOT Work, But the Two Seperate Formulas DID,
although I Don't Really Understand the Why. Perhaps you could give be a
Brief Explanation Please.
I Tested it out Using 1,000 Sets of Numbers in Cells C3:H1003 and 200
Sets of Numbers in Cells J3:O203, it Created a VERY Big Excel File which
Runs Very Slowly.
I think if this could be Achieved in VBA it will make it Far More
Manageable and Extremely Quick.
Thanks Very Much for your Time.

Cheers.
All the Best.
Paul

Help with Totals Please
From: Steve

Paul

Enter at Q2 ="$J$" & COLUMN()-14 & ":$O$" & COLUMN()-14

Array enter at Q3 =COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT(Q$2),$C3:$H3,0)*1)

Use the fill handle to drag the Q2 formula across the sheet.
Use the fill handle to drage the Q3 formula down and across the sheet.

When I tried entering the Q2 portion of the formula in the Q3 formula in
place of the Q$2 reference, it did not work for me (the reason I gave up
yesterday). You may find the following works for you as an array formula
in
Q3. If so, use it, omitting the Q2 formula.

=COUNT(MATCH(INDIRECT("$J$" & COLUMN()-14 & ":$O$" &
COLUMN()-14),$C3:$H3,0)*1)

If you want an explanation of any of the above, just ask.

HTH
Steve