Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fredrik Wahlgren Fredrik Wahlgren is offline

Default Compiling Excel VBA code increases workbook file size!

"Romuald" wrote in message
I have developped a full export/import from Excel and it works. But this
action must be runned under excel XP. Unfortunately my workbook must be
compatbile with Excel 97. If I open the rebuild workbook directly with

Excel
97, I cannot unprotect worksheet since Excel 97 doesn"t know Excel XP
encryption algorithm. So I have found a way to redefine the encryption
algorithm used in my workbook. This method applies well to sheets

protection
but not to VBA code protection. Althoug I have define an encryption

algorithm
use by Excel 97 (XOR), I cannot deprotect VB code. Moreoever, when I build
the new worbook and define the references, I meet problem with the DLL's
version used.

So I have to use the following process tu rebuild my workbook :
- rebuild workbook under Excel XP
- open workbook under Excel 97. Then correct references and define VBA
protect password.
- open my workbook under Excel XP to protect sheets.

It works, but i's tiresome and semi -manual :)

So If I fnid a way to clean compiled objects, it will be heaven! :)

thanks for your answers!

XOR encryption is really weak. It is so weak that I wonder why you bother at
all.

/Fredrik