Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict) is offline

Default It doesn't add up - It's driving me crazy

Rounding was the first thing I checked.

The point I am making is these are 5 one decimal values (not formula
results) where, according to my macro, .2+.2+.2+.2+.2 equals 1 but
..3+.2+.2+.2+.1 does not equal 1.

It seems that if the values are sorted in descending order with .1 as the
last value that's when I have the problem. If I sort these values in
ascending order it works fine.

Thanks,
Francis

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm
Rounding And Precision In Excel

Tom Ogilvy

"Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)"
wrote in message
I need someone to tell me why my macro can't add.

Try this:
Enter the following information in a blank workbook...
A1 = .2

--
Have a great day,
Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)