Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Luca[_5_] Luca[_5_] is offline

Default Link drawing to cells value

Hi,

is there an addin that allow the user to link a property of a shape to
a cell value?

For example make visible on a sheet a "smile" shape if cell A4 is
1000.

I mean a sort of extended "auto format", able to change properties
of shapes instead of formatting of cells.

I know that it can be done by code but I wonder if there is a tool
that can do it by "attaching" these behaviours to native excel drawing
objects.

Anyway if such an add-in does not exist have you goa a suggestion
about the best architecture for this? Write an add-in using .Net?,
write simple code on standard Xl modules that "OnChange" of some cells
performs property editing of shapes?

Bye & tks in advance for your kind help.