Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Named Lists and the letter 'c'?

or A1 or B9 or RC or almost anything that looks like a range reference.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jake Marx" wrote in message
Hi Jeffrey,

I've never noticed that before, but it looks like "c" and "r" cannot be

used
as names. If you type "c" or "r" in the name box, the active cell's

column
or row, respectively, is selected.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Spongebob wrote:
I am working on a tamplte which uses data validation to create
drop-down lists. From the answers in one drop-down I use the
"INDIRECT" function to call the list for a second drop-down. This
works very well except that one of my listings for the first
drop-down is the letter "C". They are all letters, and I have set up
named lists for all of them. However, when I attempt to set up a
named list with the letter "C" as it's name I get "Invalid Name".

Is this name reserved for some other reason?

Jeffrey K. Ries