Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Weird scenario leading to ResetColors crash

Hi All

If I reference Shapes on a chart sheet, then switch to a normal Worksheet
and Reset the default palette - Excel crashes, both XL97 and XL2000.

However no problem later to reset the palette if the same Chart sheet is
still active. Also, if I check the shapes on a chart object on a worksheet,
I can reset default palette while any type of sheet is active.

It's taken a very long time to track what appeared to be intermittent
crashes to these two innocuous lines, dispersed in a large project.

Not sure if anyone else will reproduce the same GPF, but is these some other
way I can reference shapes on a chart sheet and later be able to reset
palette on a normal worksheet.

Sub ChtShapes()
Dim n As Long, ob As Object
'run on a chart sheet