Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Error 91

You don't have a resume statement - so your error handler is never
completed. When you have an error in the error handler, Excel quits - this
is the situation you have with you second error since you are still in error
handling mode. See Excel VBA help on the Resume statement.

Tom Ogilvy

"David" wrote in message
Hi Group,
I have a workbook with 3 worksheets in it. The first wokrsheet

(Comparison)
has values in it that are looked up in the second workseet (Master). It is
looked up using

******
Selection.Find(What:=(Whse), After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=

False,
SearchFormat:=False).Activate
******

I expect the lookup not to find the Lookup value sometimes and have an
ErrorHandler routine.

****
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
****

The ErrorHandler routine is a case statement and the error is 91:

****
Select Case Err.Number
Case 91
Other suff.....
End Select
Err.Clear <----This clears the error
****
All is fine to this point, then I get to the line below, again, via a loop
******
Selection.Find(What:=(Whse), After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=

False,
SearchFormat:=False).Activate
******
This generates the same Error, 91, but it fails to go to the ErrorHandler.

have Dim the variables, but I have not Set the variables. It works on the
first pass, but fails on the second pass of the loop and does not go to

the
ErrorHandler routine.

Thanks all,
--