Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gguillermo gguillermo is offline

Default 10,000 element listbox possible? what about searching in it?

Hi Tim, yes, IUPAC names (in spanish). It would be nice to be able to
type wildcards, but its not a necessity right now. In order of
importance, id say the "features" i need are like this
1) be able to do the same as fmMatchEntryComplete but by typing in a
textbox...i.e. it just takes me to the first element that starts with
those letters...but, if I delete a character it respects what is in the
textbox and searches again (like comboboxes work...but with the visible
listbox at all times)
2) be able to ONLY show the elements that start with those letters
3) be able to ONLY show the elements that contain those letters
4) be able to only show the elements that contain the letters using
wildcards.

If I can get any of these to work I'd be pretty happy....but it has to
be really fast. I was able to get option 2 to work, but its so slow its
ridiculous.

If I do the array option, will that work faster? How would I filter the
array (I am new to programming)...I will search newsgroups to find that
info.
I know ADO recordset refers to something like Access, but I have no
idea how I would get that to work...would I need excel at all or all
within access? or what exactly did you have in mind there?
thank you,
-gguillermo