Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default How to populate Excel Range from Access RecordSet?

Deko

I can't test the 64 char limit as mine are less than that, but why not save
it to the root and then move it with VBA. If you are using the 'Range'
property in TransferSpreadsheet and using a version of Excel after 5 it will
add a new worksheet to the workbook specified and the name in the Range
property will be the name of the worksheet.

Does that help at all.

If not we may need to look at ODBC or ADODB or similar. Equally, if the end
product is Excel we could easily bring it in through VBA in Excel also.
(Pull rather than push)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"deko" wrote in message
m...
Why is TransferSpreadsheet no good?

Well, for one thing, the path to my Excel workbook is more than 64
characters - this blows up the function. Also, I need to keep the
Worksheet
a particular name. If I use TransferSpreadsheet, the worksheet is
automatically renamed the to the name of object exported. (I suppose I
could change it back, though.) I'm also thinking an rst will give me more
control.