Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gguillermo gguillermo is offline

Default 10,000 element listbox possible? what about searching in it?

Me again....
Ok, I just found the perfect example of exactly what I am looking
for....
in Outlook Express on the Newsgroup Subscriptions window....
there is a textbox on the top and a listbox on the bottom...on the
textbox
I type something and the listbox will show only the newsgroups that
include that text ANYWHERE in the name (not just the left side
(beginning)
of the string). I was able to do something like that using a clear
listbox
and an additem with a "for each" loop, but the result is extremely
slow.
In outlook express with 23000 groups it works decently fast....
any idea how I can achieve this with a listbox whent the elements come
from an excel column?
thanks again....hopefully somebody will read all this :)
-gguillermo