Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Postcode problem better explained

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:50:04 -0800, "Mary"
wrote:

Hi - I have explained this a bit better now -

If I have a cell and the contents are like this
here are 3 examples -

GREENGATES S.P, APPERLEY RD, GREENGATES, BRADFORD, BD10
0PU

SILSDEN, CRINGLES, SILSDEN, KEIGHLEY, BD20

MIDDLESMOOR SERVICE RES, MIDDLESMOOR SERVICE RES,
HARROGATE, NORTH YORKSHIRE, , HG3

How can I get the postcodes out of those cells? for now I
just want them to go into the same row in the end column.

any tutorials or similar or pages with similar stuff on
would be great. Thanks

Mary

I'm not sure what a "post code" is. But looking at your data, it seems as if
it is the last entry in your record and is preceded by a comma.

Accordingly, you may use the Data/Text to Columns Wizard with Comma specified
as the separator; or you may try this formula:

=TRIM(MID(A1,1+FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",
CHAR(1),LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")))),255))

--ron