Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Postcode problem better explained

Mary,

You could use the formula

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","~",LEN(A1 )-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",""
))))+1,99))

--

HTH

RP

"Mary" wrote in message
Hi - I have explained this a bit better now -

If I have a cell and the contents are like this
here are 3 examples -

GREENGATES S.P, APPERLEY RD, GREENGATES, BRADFORD, BD10
0PU

SILSDEN, CRINGLES, SILSDEN, KEIGHLEY, BD20

MIDDLESMOOR SERVICE RES, MIDDLESMOOR SERVICE RES,
HARROGATE, NORTH YORKSHIRE, , HG3

How can I get the postcodes out of those cells? for now I
just want them to go into the same row in the end column.

any tutorials or similar or pages with similar stuff on
would be great. Thanks

Mary