Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ben Ben is offline

Default Calculating percentage throughout a column

I think he meant markup chip
in that case he would want to multiply by 1.20 not 0.20 otherwise he will
get a reduction in price.
ben

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Jonny,

Enter 0.20 in some empty cell and copy that. Then select the
cells you wish to change. Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste
Special, and use the Multiply option.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Memphis Slim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am a novice Excel user trying to tackle the following
problem - I
have a spreadsheet with about 1500 rows of prices all situated
in one
column. I would like to apply a certain markup percentage to
each item.
Is there a formula or some other technique I can use to apply
this
arbitrary percent (say 20%) to the price column without having
to do it
line by line?

Thanks,

Jonny