Brian Smith

I am having the same problem with EXCEL2003. I assume you meant it stopped
working on July 7, 2005. I also have a strong, immediate need for a fix or
work-around.

"Matthew Guerreiro" wrote:

I have been using the "Microsoft Investor Stock Quotes.iqy" that was included
in Excel 2000 to get current stock prices. On July 7, 2000, this query
stopped working, returning the following error message: "Unable to open
http://investor.msn.com/external/exc...p?SYMBOL=x+y+z
Cannot download the information you requested."

Has Microsoft stopped supporting this web query?

Are there any workarounds? I have 6 years of portfolio performance data in
an excel spreadsheet that I would like to keep using.

Thanks.