Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darin Kramer[_3_] Darin Kramer[_3_] is offline

Default Row height and Merged Cells

Hi guys... heres the problem...

A2 contains a question number (short text)
B2 and C2 are merged and contain a question (long text)
The answer is going in Cell D2 (longest or medium length text)

As you are dealing with Merged Cells, auto row height format (ie double
clicking when the entire row) does not work. So double clicking on row
height arrows on row 2 would not solve the issue. I can manually select
row height to correctly space the question, but I have no idea how long
the answer will be, ie User could type a long answer in cell D2, and
Excel does not automatically adjust row height to answer cell.
Effectively row height needs to be greater of Question height (Merged B
and C) or Answer height (Row D)
All Cells are wrapped text.

There are lots of questions, and not practical for user to manually
resize.

Any ideas...?

Thanks